Monday 4 August 2014

CELYN VILLA B&B, CARMEL, HOLYWELL, FLINTSHIRE



This is such a great B & B that I thought it deserves a mention on my blog. This was the second time I had stayed at this Top of the Class B&B. I stayed there last year combining a week with my cousin in Congleton & a week on the North Wales Coast, same as I did again this year.

Things that makes a holiday great include having glorious weather, which I did, good food, which I did & having a great B & B, which this certainly lives up to. 
So in which order do I put all the plus points. 
I must start with Paulene & Les, Great hosts, if a request is doable, then it is normally done, even down to the special delivery of my Weetabix. 
The well appointed & spotless rooms, don't forget the comfortable beds & the views over the Dee Estuary & the quiet location. 
The great breakfasts, every one is catered for depending on their needs. There is always a good selection. Don't forget the homemade bread & jams made from their own garden, nearly did. The gooseberry jam was my favourite !


A couple of my breakfasts.



View of the Dee estuary from the Rose room which I stayed in one night.


Three views from the Lilac Room, in which I spent the rest of the week.



This was a glorious setting of the sun over-looking Prestatyn, captured with my zoom lens.


So if you are on a pilgrimage to St. Winefride's Well at Holywell or exploring the North Wales Coastline, like me. This is the Place for You.  http://www.celynvilla.co.uk

PS. Don't forget to go to the Halfway House Pub at the bottom of the road for your evening meals & have the Chicken with Haggis in a creamy drambuie sauce, it's sensational !






2 comments:

  1. Martyn you are a sweetie saying such nice things about us. Its always a pleasure to have you stay with us in our home and we look forward to the next time (bricks and all). The pictures look lovely - you were so lucky with the weather. Hope to see you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Many Thanks for helping to make it a Great Holiday !

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment if you have a Gmail address or a Google account. I only receive your name & comment from Google. I do NOT receive your email address when you post a comment, SO if you want to contact me & need a reply please use my email address which is on the Links & Contact Tab. Comments are not shown on the blog until I publish them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.